22 August 2007

Back to the Grind(ing Headache)

I’m back at work to teach my computer class and be the supervisor this evening, before returning to my reunion tomorrow afternoon. I took great pains to clear off my desk and get all pressing matters squared away before I left on vacation, so I wouldn’t come back and weep when I saw the mounds of work waiting for me. My plans were foiled, though. When I walked into the workroom this morning, my phone was flashing with messages, I had 86 emails, there were stacks of books and papers left for me, and post-it note messages were all over my desk (including one very nice one from a teen boy who put a smiley face over the letter i).

Fortunately, I have Inner Resources (and some leftover pie waiting in my refrigerator), so I pulled myself together and I can almost see the surface of my desk again. As long as I don’t get any marriage proposals from patrons today, I may be okay. Leaving the library world and opening up that pie-mobile is looking mighty tempting, though. Mighty tempting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to work on a pie mobile! You and me and unnamed baby could travel around sharing the love and the pies . . . .

MBC said...

Woo woo! Let's go. What right-thinking baby wouldn't want to be raised on a pie mobile?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...