27 December 2007

What We Ate, What We Wore

Marmot Dad's Famous Pajamas
I think they speak for themselves.

Tuey Looking Like a Monkey Boy
He's playing with his sisters' paint cups. They fill him with joy.
Madame 3-yr-old Sports Some Lovely Santa Long Underwear
She and her sister both got backpacks from my parents. They are quite large. They can use the backpacks until they entire a retirement home.
A Christmas Feast
The Madames were very impressed with this meal, because they got to use fondue forks.
More Feast
Feast Items: Spinach dip and vegetables, cheese fondue with rosemary herb bread, shrimp, dolmas, salad, Grandma's Cranberry Goodness.
Christmas Morning Aebleskivers
This is a tradition in the Marmot House. Marmot Dad is always the cook. I think I told him that I didn't get that teapot in the shot. But I did.
Aebleskiver Action Shot
That's powdered sugar gently falling onto hot, appley, balls of goodness (the alternative name for aebleskivers).

You don't get the full breakfast effect until you eat these while a baby stands behind you pressing the buzzer from the game Taboo, making it sound like you're enjoying your breakfast delights in a heavy fog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice PJs on Marmot Dad!

SCS said...

I wore said PJs ONLY because I was assured they would add to the holiday cheer. Mission accomplished!
--Marmot Dad

JAMES said...

Tuey is so cute...I wanted to see 3 year olds new haircut. Yeah those PJs are disarming.

Amy said...

Please never tell Jaren where your BIL bought those pajamas. Do you remember those bright red pants and matching plaid shirt outfit he wore to some talent show our singles ward did? He pulled it out a couple of months ago to go golfing with the YM.

SCS said...

Such pajamas cannot be purchased. Not for any price (although if you make an offer to us . . .). They were made--IN THE YEAR 1981, I MIGHT ADD--for the Marmot Pa's mission (go figure) by his mother (who I thought at one time loved him).

He claims that they have shrunk over the last 25 years. Um, let's get real, Marmot Dad.

Rebekah said...

MB -- I'm glad you had fun times with your family. I know you're in London, so if good vibes can be sent across the internet then consider yourself vibed, my friend! Have so much fun for me. Honk when you fly over!

Anonymous said...

Todd and I ate ebel skivvers for Christmas also, how bizarre. It was our first time and we managed ok. Hope you are well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...