07 December 2008

Deliciousness

We had a librarian Christmas soiree at our house Saturday night with gingerbread waffles and pumpkin pancakes. My roommate made the waffles and a friend from work made the pancakes. I helped in no way at all, because I spent the entire day at work dealing with the end-of-year magazine rotation until my hands bled and my head ached from witnessing all the mutilated magazines and thinking, See, you mean old library patrons, this is why we can't have nice things. It's very soothing to come home from such a day and find one's house smelling like Christmas.

That's real whipped cream on my waffle and homemade syrup sliding off my pancake.

We also watched Some Kind of Wonderful, which is a Christmas movie, because it has the word wonderful in the title, just like It's a Wonderful Life (but without the bad librarian stereotypes). My pancake-making friend had never seen it before, and we felt obligated to educate her about the '80s. She's too young to really remember the most unattractive fashion decade in American history. We still need to watch Pretty in Pink with her to further her education. And because I like Andrew McCarthy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

some kind of wonderful is obviously a very important film! pretty in pink is mainly just confusing. sixteen candles is better than pretty...I wonder how our siblings relate to those films.

MBC said...

I likePretty in Pink, and I don't remember Sixteen Candles very well. We should probably really have her watch Better Off Dead, too.

Amy said...

I haven't had a soiree in far too long.

And I haven't seen any of those movies!

MBC said...

That's the problem with being one of the older children, you miss the education you receive from being one of the younger children and watching/reading/doing what the older kids do. Go right out and see a John Hughes film.

ldsjaneite said...

I miss you guys...er, gals! The food looked really good!

Beee said...

Both Pretty in Pink and Sixteen Candles were, well(ahem), great movies from that era , but I would also add Girls Just Want to Have Fun as one of those classics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...