26 March 2010

why it's better to be MBC than to be Steve

This is the kind of wife I am*

Very first thing in the morning.

Steve: What are we going to do today?
MBC: We're going to be in a bad mood all day.
(And then I believe I threatened to break him into pieces just because I felt mean and he happened to be right there next to me.)


This is the kind of husband he is

Steve: What? No! We're not going to be in a bad mood. We're going to have pancakes!

And then he got up and made crepes (which some of the world calls pancakes).


*Note: this was last week, not today. Today I woke up full of good cheer and excellent recommendations for the day, including the possibility of buying a delicious treat at my new favorite place, Fisher and Donaldson.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for Steve. When my wife woke up in a bad mood I'd go to sea for 3 months, hoping she'd be better when
I got back. Pancakes would have been a whole lot easier idea.

KWB

eliana23 said...

I was just thinking of emailing you to find out how the Entirely New Life was going.
And I like the label for this post.

Unknown said...

I miss you!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mary Beth ... Sometime you ought to ask someone whom you know who is also close to me, "Hey sis, did you ever hear a non-morning person utter the these words: 'If you get out of bed and start jumping around, I will get a gun, and I will shoot you down." It must have been a really, really grumpy non-morning person, who was only half conscious ... and I would deny it if you ever said it was me. MarmDad

ldsjaneite said...

I love his outlook. I must see if pancakes or crepes will put me in happier moods. Though I'm sure having someone else make them for me would add to the mood changing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...