03 November 2010

For Theresa

If possible, Steve would take the train everywhere he goes and a lot of his life dreams revolve around reinstituting the railway in various parts of the world. I like traveling by train, too. It's much more relaxing than driving and it means that Steve and I can play games on the way to our destinations.

It takes an entire day to travel to or from Orkney, so Steve and I had a lot of time to play on the train this past weekend. We brought a deck of cards with us and then forgot to look up games that can be played with only two people. We played Go Fish for a bit and then made up a game based on Uno. I was the undisputed champion of that game, which resulted in Steve's assertion that I am a card shark. He illustrated his point with a little card shark dance, as documented below.


Steve also entertained us by drawing pictures on the motion sickness bag I picked up on the ferry when I thought I was going to be violently ill. This is his interpretation of my request for 'a lion in an old-fashioned bathing suit having cocktails with a gazelle on the beach.'

7 comments:

Lunicrax said...

HAHAHA!!!! That's completely awesome!!! Thanks for posting that :) :) :) Interesting elephant... but a piece of art, indeed.

MBC said...

Oops, that was my typo. I actually asked for a lion.

Holly said...

Gin Rummy is my favorite 2-person card game. I once played it while driving up I-15 from California.

Moo said...

Ferries tend to disagree with my stomach, as well. Cruise ships=much better.

Anonymous said...

Did you use the "special deck" Steve bought in Glasgow? As to mal-de-mer after 19 years I have many cures to share. One involves a piece of bacon and a string.

KWB

MBC said...

HAH--I really like gin rummy but I couldn't remember the rules!

Moo--I have still never tried a cruise ship. Must put that on my list.

KWB--We couldn't find Steve's deck (that's the problem with such small cards!). We used the deck you left. It seems like bacon would be the last thing you'd want to see when you already feel ill.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea Steve was such an artist!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...