12 November 2010

Shopping Disgruntlement

I need a new pair of jeans. I have visited many stores. Everywhere I go, I find skinny jeans and jeggings. Yeah, leggings that look like denim. Also, stirrup pants. Stirrup pants! Does no one remember the 80s!? It was not a pretty time. Yesterday I did find some jeans that don't narrow at the leg. They were in the old lady store. They had an elastic waistband.

AND

I can't find graham crackers. We asked at the big box store that has a different name but is in fact run by the giantest American big box store, and the woman working in the cracker aisle had no idea what I was talking about. She showed me the cream crackers and said it's odd that they don't carry this strange American cracker because they import crazy Australian crackers that no one liked at first but that are now selling. I'm going to have to make my own, but I don't know if I can get graham flour either. Oh. Oh!!!!

6 comments:

Lunicrax said...

Gah! I hear you on the jeans - I just went through the exact same thing, before realising I just will have to fix the rips in my old jeans (2 pairs broke at once!)
(Australian crackers are to die for, albeit rarely graham crackers :) Perhaps fly over to Sweden, I'm sure they have graham crackers in abundance there!) My parents would host you any time.

Lunicrax said...

I meant they australian crackers are rarely graham crackers, not that I don't like graham cracker... :D

Holly said...

If you are looking for something to crunch up and use as crust or something similar, you might try looking for dutch speculaas (windmill cookies). They are closer to gingersnaps in flavor, but would probably do the trick if it is crumbs you need.

Anonymous said...

Tell me your size and I can import you jeans from the Gap. I have to get a new pair and I also have to send you guys some other things so I don't mind adding jeans to the pile.

Anonymous said...

Wait go to the Gap website: http://www.gap.eu free shipping on orders greater than 50! Or maybe just find a Gap close by.

MBC said...

Theresa--We are hoping to get ourselves to Sweden in the not-too-distant future. Maybe I can hold out until then.

HAH--We actually do have speculaas cookies, which Steve bought when we discovered the spread (and they ARE tasty and crunchy!) but I'm still bent on having graham crackers. I just wanted them for eating as graham crackers.

Meg--I checked out our Gap here and they only had that 1960s, skinny-legged line in the store! I'll check out the website, though. Good idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...