18 February 2011

I Wish I Had the Job of Naming Potato Varieties

Today was an allotment day.

We spent the morning across the river picking out the potato varieties we're planting this year: Ulster Classic, Shetland Black, Maris Piper, King Edward, Rooster, Pink Fir Apple.  (In Scotland, the other shoppers in garden centers are always elderly couples--the women in skirts and the men in hats.)

We took the potatoes back to the greenhouse to chit even though it was a freezing day.  If we hadn't, Steve would have cried.  He started talking about the greenhouse this morning before he even got out of bed.

And then I planted our peppers and tomatoes: Roma (my favorite for cooking) and Sungold (my favorite for eating).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the greenhouse looks amazing. Last time I saw it it was just a pile of glass and a dream. Well done SB, MBB and of course Bucky.

KWB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...