21 March 2021

Covid-19 Memories

I found this in my draft folder from earlier in the pandemic.  We're fortunate that our kids are in school full-time now, we're back at church one hour a week, and we're mostly able to do the things we need and like to do every day - just with masks and social distancing.  The only thing we really long for is looser travel restrictions.  We'd love to go visit our family in America.  Anyway, here are some early pandemic memories for posterity.

Some of my favorite Covid-19 memories:

Drive though car wash with the whole family.  It was the first time the kids and I had been anywhere for 6 weeks, and the kids were thrilled!  They whooped and hollered as the suds and water covered the van, but I had to hold Charly's hand, because she was scared.  Then we picked up Chinese take out and felt excited that we had actually left the house.

Charly wearing her little pink robe all day and night. Adorable.

Taking the kids to build a dam on the beach road.

Take out - such a treat when you're homebound.  Several times Steve brought home take out and there was much rejoicing. 

Family Pandemic Concert, featuring "Babies are Nice" sung with piano accompaniment.

The kids' letter writing project.  I forced them to write letters and send them to friends and family and they received lots of fun ones in return.


And some of my least favorite:
Mass Murder

My friend Annie passed away from cancer.  The day she died, Steve decided we should all go out for supper, since Covid restrictions had just loosened and I could take it easy and have a treat.  I hadn't been in a restaurant for 4 months and it was the least fun eating out adventure of my life. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...