08 April 2022

A Post for My Charly Girl

 Charly is 3.  Maybe it's because she's the only child in our family without a younger sibling at the age of 3, but she just seems like the easiest 3-year-old we've ever had (but still naughty).  She's sweet and funny and full of personality. 

She says 'wuse' instead of 'use,' which I find utterly charming, even when she wants to 'wuse' my scissors to snip up paint brushes and playing cards.

She thinks this plate of my grandmother's is hers.  It's her cookie plate and she runs for it every time we eat cookies.


She's wildly in love with babies.  She tells me that one day she will have real babies and I can help her take care of them but they will not be my babies.  They will be hers.  I find little beds all around the house.  The baby on the right is named Baby Dear, after the baby doll in the book of that name, and it is her favorite baby.  Her favorite stuffed animal is a soft, sparkly unicorn she bought at DI on a trip to see my sister.  She calls the unicorn Yoon the Pyoon and sleeps with her every night and sometimes pretends to ride her. On that trip to Utah, she also fell wildly in love with her cousin Tooie and thinks about him and talks about him often.

I asked her to pose.  

This is a very Charly photo.  Note the following: 1) uncombed hair (always a battle) 2) the expressive hand gesture and bend at the waste which is common when telling us stories or giving explanations 3) clothes picked out herself (always) 4) Tongue stuck to the side in concentration.

Charly is pretty mild for a 3-year-old, but one day she got really mad at Howard and told Neil, "Say 'poop' to him.  Get out your bad words!  Say bad words at him!'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...