29 August 2007

I Don't Know What to Call This One

I bought a couch! Not a new one, of course. I'm not that kind of girl. I bought it used from some of Alice's friends, who are very kindly going to drive it many, many miles to bring it to me when I move into my new house. The couch is plush and comfy and people love sitting on it so much that you have to threaten them with sharp objects to get them off of it. This is very good, because my other couch is referred to by friends as the "chastity couch." It's an old-fashioned, narrow, Victorian couch that makes you sit up very straight, and I always feel like I have to apologize to people when they sit on it, especially young men, who barely fit on it, and offer them all kinds of suggestions for how to be comfortable while sitting there. "Here, take these throw pillows and prop your legs up on the coffee table and go ahead and lean back and stick that blanket behind your head so the decorative woodwork's not digging into your head. Yeah, like that, but to the left a little."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to have cardboard furniture!

MBC said...

I'm willing to sacrifice my dream for the comfort of my guests.

Erin said...

By the way Ms. MBC, how is our old couch liking its new home?

MBC said...

It LUVS its new home. And I love having it. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...