28 August 2007

The Many Uses of Business Cards

Yesterday I helped this really lovely single, British guy at the reference desk. I emailed a friend about it, to which she replied (hope she doesn't mind the sharing), "You really need to just have little cards with your name on them to hand to men if they are dateable and you wish that they may be in your life." Well, this is a very convenient suggestion, because I just got my new business cards last week. Five hundred of them. So, there are plenty of cards to use for non-business purposes. In fact, you can all expect to receive Christmas gifts fashioned from business cards this year--little shellacked boxes, folded business card jewelry, the possibilities are endless.

Anway, despite my friend's wonderful idea, here's how I envision the plan she suggests going down.

Lovely British Guy: Where are your periodicals?

Me: Upstairs on the south end of the building (I say south, you see, because we live in Utah where this is perfectly normal)

Lovely British Guy: Thank you.

Me: Oh, wait! Here's my card. Now, if you can't find the periodicals, you just call me at this number here. Except come back downstairs first, because there's no cell phone use on the second floor. Or you could email me at this address here, and I would be happy to help you locate the periodicals and suggest one or two that make particularly nice leisure reading. Oooh, and here's my fax number, but we don't offer public fax service in the library. You could run over to Kinko's, though, and you could fax me any questions, or a date invitation, or a limited-time special vacation offer, which is what we usually get from our fax.

See how that might not work? But I'm open to suggestions.

5 comments:

Alice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MBC said...

Don't mock the idea, dear. It was yours. Maybe we should brainstorm up some better ones, though.

Annie M. said...

I am wondering, how did you know he was single? That's the trick because sometimes even married guys forget or don't wear wedding rings.

Ann-Marie said...

i love this idea! but now i'm sad that i didn't ask to get some business cards printed up with my name on them! :(

MBC said...

Annie--It's true I'm assuming here that no ring meant single. But he also had that I'm-single-and-I'd-be-so-happy-married-to-mbc vibe about him.

Ann-Marie--You can have some of my cards. Just cross out my name and phone number.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...