26 September 2007

Life Imitates Art

Yesterday I was at my sister’s house when Marmot Dad came home. He walked through the door and, very pleased with himself, tossed a bag to my sister. He had purchased himself some pants at D.I.

Marmot Dad: Here. Look at these. I got some great pants.

Sister (looking at pants): Did you try these on?

Marmot Dad: Yeah, they’re great.

Sister: Well, don’t take the tags off. I don’t think these pants are quite right.

MBC: What’s wrong with them?

Sister: I think these are women’s pants.

A visual inspection confirms that Marmot Dad has purchased some size 18 St. John’s Bay khaki pants.

MBC (also inspecting pants): These ARE women’s pants!

Marmot Dad: They were in the MEN’S section!

Sister: They came from DI. People with limited skill sets sort those clothes. Didn’t you think it was odd that the tag says size 18? Men’s pants don’t come in sizes like that.

Marmot Dad: Well, I noticed, but I thought they must have used European sizes. (With uplifted chin.) I thought maybe these pants came from the Continent.

Marmot Dad tries the pants on.

Marmot Dad: They look alright, don’t they? You can’t tell that they’re women’s pants.

Sister: I don’t know. You look a little more (pause) shapely in the rear than usual.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad they weren't made by MISSterious.

In another life imitating art situation, we have a neighbor named Michael Scott.

Too bad said neighbor hates us.

Anonymous said...

Here's the real beauty of it: (1)durable fabric, (2) near pristine condition with no noticeable wear and tear, and (3) perfectly serviceable apparel for a mere SIX DOLLARS. Bless you, D.I. ---Marmot Dad

Annie M. said...

Oh MBC, you totally made my day. I am laughing so hard right now I am sure my coworkers think I am nuts.

Alice said...

Can I just say...Tomorrow The Office is new again. This makes me real excited inside. Also, this pants story is just another proof that I love MBC's family. I wish I could adopt them all. Holidays just wouldn't ever be the same again! And seriously, I really do think the paparazzi approach to social lives is the best way to go. I must start to take this advice to heart, I think I will be needing it. Sorry mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...