27 September 2007

Sources of Joy

Source #1
Today is Tooey's birthday. He's one-year-old. The story of how he got his name will be coming shortly. It's a good one.

Tooey and his sisters the night he was born. (I love Madame 3-yr-old's little clasped hands. And that red jacket is a source of joy, too. I think I must have been wandering the streets naked before I found it at my favorite thrift store in Indiana. I wear it all the time. Madame 4-yr-old had a similar jacket for a while and we used to wear them together and be best friends.)

Source #2
Tiny pies.

Mom gave me these mini pie pans for Christmas. So fantastic.

Source #3
I was walking up to my house after work and I was thinking about something, probably either world events or the marital status of the Keebler Elves (isn't there one commercial with a woman in the Keebler Elf tree?). I walked up onto my porch and I checked my first mailbox (I have two, which doesn't make the post office happy, but it's not my fault). Nothing. I checked the second mailbox. Nothing. I thought to myself (and I do remember that I thought this exact thought), "Of course there's no mail, because NO ONE LOVES ME." Then I opened my screen door and out fell a package! I gave the package a little hug and I did a little package-receiving dance. There are few things that make me as happy as a present on the porch. In one of my houses, I made my roommates have a moment of silent concentration on walks--a moment when we could all concentrate on the idea of a present on the porch, so that one would be waiting when we got home. I took my package inside and it was books from my NJBrother. Good brother!

I think we all know who's getting the best Christmas present this year.

2 comments:

JAMES said...

I sent two books? One should be a good overview...the other is okay, I don't really remember but it was on my shelf. Its about a girl in NYC...maybe you'll like it?

MBC said...

You sent THREE books. I've only looked at one closely, so far. There was a story with Paul Bunyan and Babe talking about Paul's dating life that made me pretty happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...