15 September 2007

WE WON!

Hurray! The family honor is upheld. My team won first place out of twelve teams competing to raise money for an adult literacy organization. We won with the word paradisaical. A Major Newspaper interviewed us and the whole thing was recorded and is available on-demand from a local TV station. (If I'd known, I would have tried harder to fix my hair this morning.) Thank you. Thank you. Kiss. Kiss. I'm a spelling champion. Now if I could just learn how to punctuate . . .



My team and, yes, that's my boss in the bee costume. (He's holding a copy of The Secret Life of Bees.)

4 comments:

Amy said...

You Utahns wear weird sunglasses.

Anonymous said...

I am unduly smug to be related by marriage to a winning sort of librarian. By the way, have you the sway or clout to order "The New Book of Salvias" by Betsy Clebsch? It's a handsome volume lavishly furnished with photographs to complement the fulsome descriptions of the various members of the species. Since bees and flowers are no strangers to each other, I trust my comment has not strayed too far from the theme of your installment today. Marmot Dad.

MBC said...

Amy--I can get you a pair if you like.

Marmot Dad--Absolutely I can order that book. I now have complete power over the gardening section.

Kirsten said...

Congratulations on your win. You should also watch Akeela and the Bee. Another heartwarming spelling bee tale. I can only wonder if the person who picked the words for the bee happened to be reading some church related text. Sorry, paradisaical is not a word that I would expect to hear at a spelling bee, at least not outside state where you reside that is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...