10 October 2007

21 MORE Things About Me

I'm too tired today. It's always easy to come up with a list, though, so here's the continuation of 21 Things About Me. Someday I'll make it to 100 and then won't we all be happy and fulfilled as human beings? Yes. Yes, we will. But we won't be able to play two truths and a lie together.

1. I'm not a good bike rider.

2. After I read about 50 billion books about blind kids in grade school, I sent away for a card with the Braille alphabet so I could prepare in case I was suddenly struck blind. I practiced punching out "braille" with a needle on an index card. Mostly I practiced writing the name Melinda, because that's what I wanted my name to be if I became blind.

3. My radio is tuned to KUER.

4. My hair has never been colored, permed, or in any way chemically altered.

5. I studied Russian for several years in college and studied IN Russia one summer, but the only Russian that still easily rolls off my tongue is the sentence It depends on what you want to eat.

6. I'm the youngest child in my family.

7. The book that made me decide to be a librarian is Do They Hear You When You Cry? (If you plan to read it, be aware that it goes on a little too long.)

8. I own 5 DVDs. They were all gifts.

9. I like Thanksgiving leftovers better than Thanksgiving dinner.

10. I stopped drinking carbonation when I was 12.

11. My favorite Hamburger is the Hire's Big H.

12. I love airports.

13. I hate gum.

14. Modern dance is my favorite form of dance. I took a class in college and choreographed a dance about my Russian textbook.

15. I never reveal who I vote for in elections.

16. I love movie trailers. Sometimes I check out movies from the library, watch the trailers, and return them.

17. My favorite game to play with a group is The Great Dalmuti.

18. In the last 5 years, I've moved at least once every year.

19. My greataunt calls my eyes gander blue, because, apparently, they're a very specific shade of blue.

20. I've never taken a geography class and it shows.

21. Good punctuation makes me swoon. Funny, since I'm not a good punctuater myself.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't remember much Russian. My cursed husband STILL tries to secretly communicate with me by mumbling Russian and then expects me to understand it. Not a chance.

And the world of chemically altered hair is beautiful indeed.

Annie M. said...

Just last night as I was vaccuming I was thinking of you AND Amy and your summer in Russia and wondering if either of you still spoke and/or understood Russian. We must have some secret brain wave thing going. I am laughing thinking of Jaren trying to secretly communicate with you Amy! And, I would have to agree with Amy that the world of chemically altered hair is beautiful, unless of course you have a mishap and then it is very horrible indeed!

Annie M. said...

P.S. I also thought of you yesterday at work when my co-worker and I were hosting an evidence review for a stabbing case with a defense attorney and he said, "I am pining for 20 years" in reference to what he hopes his client will get. I thought of you and planning to pine. (You can't plan to pine!) :)

MBC said...

Oh, Annie, I hope you now realize that you certainly CAN plan to pine. It's really the only sensible way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...