03 November 2007

Please Advise

I've decided it's time to buy an MP3 player.

I'm planning to get one before I go to London so I can

A) bring enough Ella Fitzgerald with me to ensure that I feel like a movie character with an appropriate girlinthecity soundtrack while traveling

B) avoid lugging giant books on CD with me, taking up precious space that should be reserved for returning with bath bombs from Lush and digestive biscuits.

Being a librarian, I have done my Consumer Reports research, but I'm not very good at buying things other than plane tickets and food. If you have an MP3 player, please share any words of wisdom you might have--features you're really glad you have, features you don't have but covet, etc. If you don't have an MP3 player, just assure me that it's a good idea to buy one even though I just paid for two fairly large trips.

(You can praise iPods if you feel like it, but I don't want one because they aren't compatible with NetLibrary, the e-audiobook service that Utah libraries subscribe to.)

5 comments:

Alice said...

Well, there goes a perfectly good Christmas present idea. Anyway, I definitely would recommend a Creative mp3 player. I have two of them and they are fabulous. I also think they would work with the downloading you want to do. If you want to know more about them you can find them on ebay. Creative Labs has a factory store there that has some amazing deals. Most of them are refurbished but I bought one from there and it has never given me any problems and I have had it for about three years. I am willing to help you further and to tell you the plan of what I was thinking of doing for you for Christmas now that the surprise is officially ruined.

Dave said...

i travel ALL of the time and the worst part of these new "clever" mp3 players is that they are too complicated. Hey! al I want to do is play some tunes while I spend half my life on airplanes and trains. I recommend that you find the one which is most simple to operate. Regards and you have a very nice blog, too!

CK Rock said...

I'm not sure if it will work with NetLibrary or not, but I've been completely satisfied with my Cowon iAudio U2. I even convinced my Mom to get one and she got the U3 model which she loves. They're cheaper than iPods and pretty easy to use.

Anonymous said...

I have no comments about an MP3 player.

However, I support anything that makes it so you can buy more stuff at Lush.

Make sure to get the bath bomb that's kind of chocolate-minty (Haagenbath I think?). It's like ice creamy goodness.

MBC said...

Thanks for the suggestions (including Emily's)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...