05 November 2007

Marmots at Work


This is Madame 3-yr-old and Tuey playing in the sandbox outside Madame 4-yr-old's preschool last week. It was raining when we left the car, so Madame insisted that I put those purple and pink velour pants on her OVER the jeans she was already wearing. It's a shame you can't really see the whole outfit. It's a stunner. Madame felt very strongly that her job was to load up molds and strainers with sand. Tuey felt that his job was to scoop sand onto Madame's head, which is why there's sand on her hood. She didn't notice. She works very intently.


Tuey's hair is looking a little mullety here. He'd never had a haircut before, because you can't cut a baby's hair before he turns a year old. (You maybe didn't know this if you weren't raised by my mother.) I don't recall what terrible fate befalls a baby whose hair is cut before that time, though (Mom?). Anyway, Tuey did finally have a haircut this weekend. I wasn't present, but Marmot Dad was planning to do the cutting for the little man child. And then I assume Marmot Dad taught Tuey about small engine repair and spitting. Just to round out the whole father-son bonding experience.

4 comments:

marmotgma said...

If you cut a baby's hair before he's a year old, he will DIE, according to my mother. Also, if you leave a cat in the house at night, it will take your breath. Ignore these at your peril. They are the wisdom of the ages. (By the way, you're not supposed to let a baby look in the mirror before the age of one, either. Same thing happens. We always ignored this one. Mom

Amy said...

My kids are get chopped earlier with each child. Grace didn't get a haircut until she was 2. She was very mulletty. Ethan didn't even get trims around the ears until he was about 1. Max's first haircut was at about 4 or 5 months, because I was no longer scared of cutting hair. And I like his pictures best.

Amy said...

I should proofread.

ottoblotto said...

pretty much anything I do is wrong - just ask my mother. of course, she also belives that when the astronauts went to the moon, it screwed up the weather forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...