06 November 2007

My Morning: A Tale of Woe

The true events of my morning

  • Wake up and think about how much I dislike winter.
  • Hurry like a banshee (they're fast) with all the morning routines to get out the door early.
  • Drive to my polling place.
  • Vote.
  • Hop in car to zip to work.
  • Turn key.
  • Watch car not start.
  • Turn key again.
  • Watch car not start.
  • Turn key (hope is a virtue).
  • Watch car not start.
  • Stare at cell phone and consider who one calls at 7:50 in the morning when one's car won't start and one needs to get to work and one shouldn't be having bad luck on a morning when one is just trying to do one's civic duty. Possibly one's mom. Even if she's in another state.
I called AAA. Fortunately, when my car started falling apart in September, I updated my membership. So a very nice man named Perry drove out and towed my car to the shop. Perry thinks my starter's dead.

When I finally got to work, a co-worker very kindly told me that it's actually pretty good that my car got to as many miles as it did before needing this much work and that a starter is an easy thing to fix. Very nice of her. The actual correct thing to say to me, though, would have been, Here's a brownie. You're nice.

10 comments:

marmotgma said...

If I were there I would give you a brownie (or possibly a piece of fruit) and tell you that you are nice. And you are. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with your car lately. Remember, it was driven by 19 year old boys. And it has done very well for several years. Love, Mom

Moo said...

Here's a virtual brownie. Your nice.

Moo said...

Make that you're nice.

MBC said...

Thanks. You're both nice, too. My car is NOT nice.

JAMES said...

I had to replace my starter recently...I feel your pain. You are nice and yes so are brownies.

Alice said...

That is it. I am totally bringing you a brownie right now. Of course, I would bring you one but I am not sure where you are. Oh well. Maybe a frozen brownie on your porch will suffice.

Apple Pie said...

If you come to my house, I have some mini candy bars I will share with you. I don't have brownies, but I could make some chocolate chip cookies. You will be surprised by the enormous bag of chocolate chips that I bought from costco. Hope your car is feeling better.

MBC said...

You are all SO nice. I went to see the marmots and they gave me a giant piece of chocolate cake and made me play Bingo, both of which made me feel better.

Amy said...

Did they let you win at bingo?

MBC said...

EVERYBODY wins at their particular form of Bingo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...