19 November 2007

This Will Probably Come Back to Bite Me

Reasons to MAYBE have a reversal of opinion about someone who’s asked you out and to MAYBE consider asking if he wants to go to dinner tomorrow:

1. While teaching a lesson on the book of James in Sunday School, said asker outer divulges that in high school he had anger issues when playing basketball, so his coach made him crochet on the bench, meaning a) he can crochet b) he doesn’t mind telling a class full of his peers that he can crochet.

2. He mentions that he currently lives with his girl cousins and that he’s never lived with girls before. He continues that, of course, he knew about girls before living with his cousins, but kind of in the same way that you know about unicorns. They may be out there, but they’re unusual and you’re not sure what to do with one when you're sitting next to it.

3. While talking about engagement, he says that he doesn’t know what a male fiancé is called. He suggests that the term should be fianco.

9 comments:

Nemesis said...

Hey, I'm encouraged. I say give it a go!

Anonymous said...

Gotta de-lurk and say that I think you are hilarious. And yes, I think you should go for it. He obviously has a sense of humor, and that can go a long, long way.

Chou said...

Does he like pie?

Amy said...

Oh, give him a chance. Maybe you can go to a ball game and make doilies together.

Annie M. said...

OK wait a minute.... he asked you out before and you said NO? Is this the guy who wanted to know how to ask out a librarian? I think you should go out with him too.... as Reggie L'Amour would say, "You never know, you DON'T!" (said in VT accent, of course).

MBC said...

Lady Susan--I love it when lurkers de-lurk!

Annie--No, he asked me out a while back and I said YES but then he had to cancel and when he asked a SECOND time I said no, which led to some exclamations about how much courage it took to ask me out. But if we go out tomorrow, I can leave town the next morning--my favorite date scenario.

Kirsten said...

I can support asking this person to dinner. Haven't seen that much creativity in a boy in a long time. If only he had shown these humorous capabilities before the whole other asking out incident.

marmotgma said...

Perhaps a he fiancee would be called a fiasco. Mom

MBC said...

Oooh, good one, Mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...