21 November 2007

Vive le South

Why I dislike the Salt Lake Airport:

There are televisions blasting in every terminal. Turn on the subtitles and stop assaulting me with noise so I can read Girls of Riyadh and thank my lucky stars I'm not a woman in Saudi Arabia in peace!

Why I love the Memphis Airport:

I step off the plane and I'm greeted by the smell of BBQ. When I purchase my pork sandwich, the girl at the counter asks me if I would like coleslaw on top, because Memphis knows that this is how a proper BBQ pork sandwich is consumed.

Why I love the Atlanta Airport:

In the shuttle on the way to the hotel, elderly Southern women talk about their Thanksgiving meals. Oh, yeah, honey. Fried turkey, baked turkey, ham, chitlins. I wanted to climb into that woman's lap and ask to go home with her. Pile on the chitlins, honey!

2 comments:

Alice said...

Any airport beats Salt Lake. Moscow even did and they were not very happy to see us coming into their country. Actually, I don't think they are happy to see anybody. The Rhinelander airport is my favorite because only two flights go out of there a day. Very exciting times in good old Rhinelander, Wisconsin. Be thankful you are away from this place. It was 28 degrees when I passed the bank on the way home tonight. Brrrrrr!

MBC said...

I like the SL airport fine except for the TVs.

I looked at the weather today and Utah was having highs in the 20s.

Heh heh heh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...