19 December 2007

Christmas Toys

A few weeks ago I got a package from my brother and his family. (Thanks guys!) Knowing my great love for sheepdogs, they sent me a toy one. The sheepdog reminded me of a stuffed animal I got for Christmas one year. My Grandma Frances gave me a toy cat. I named it Frances the Stiff in honor of the gift giver. (The Stiff was added to differentiate between the two Franceses. Frances the Stiff. Frances the Grandma.) In retrospect I find the name Frances the Stiff really amusing and not at all flattering. Sorry, Grandma.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's what happened. when you opened the package and saw the cat, you screamed, because it was so lifelike, and your sister said" A dead cat! Grandma Frances sent you a dead cat!" then we realized it was a stuffed toy, so you and your sister decided to call it Frances the Stiff. I still have it, if you want it. It came the year after Silver Pluff. Mom

MBC said...

Hmmm, I do not recall this screaming you speak of, but I do remember that the Stiff did refer to a certain dead quality of the cat.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was more like a squeak, Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...