18 December 2007

Christmas Treat

It’s possible that the food I most closely associate with Christmas is the pecan tassie. Pecan tassies are basically tiny pecan pies. I always thought they must be very difficult to make, because my mom only made them at Christmas and they require a special pan. Not so. They’re actually quick and relatively easy to make. We probably only ate them at Christmas because they’re little hip-expanding heart attacks in a flaky cream cheese crust. I’ve made a couple of batches this month, intending to give them away. I was eating the first batch at an alarming rate, so I stuffed most of them into the freezer to keep myself from finishing them off. I still haven't given any away.

Frozen pecan tassies are delicious.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I was just telling my mom the other day about your pecan tassies! Yum, yum. I bet they're pretty delicious frozen, too.

Alice said...

you can break those frozen delights anytime and give them to me as a present!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...