13 December 2007

Christmas Traditions

These are two of my family’s Christmas traditions.

Bielefelder Kinderchor – Everyone in my family has a Christmas CD of this German children’s choir. Our parents have the vinyl record. When I was a child, my family listened to the record while putting up our Christmas tree and on Christmas morning.



Spritz Cookies – We only make these at Christmas, although I suppose you could make them at other times. A nice camel-shaped cookie is a treat any time of the year. My mom makes the Christmas tree and poinsettia cookie shapes. The ones she makes always come out prettier than mine do. I made these last week. Our family uses almond extract instead of vanilla in spritz cookies.

5 comments:

Moo said...

I'm glad you use almond instead of vanilla. Almond makes everything better--except brownies.

Anonymous said...

I don't have the Bielefelder Kinderchor CD anymore...if you could help a brother out...

MBC said...

Moo - so true

J - I will hook you up.

Anonymous said...

you forgot the somewhat important older brother gets socks on christmas eve which my family feels is important to continue.

MBC said...

john - true, we have many traditions that I haven't mentioned yet. Isn't it socks OR underwear? I think either one counts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...