12 February 2008

Tuey Talks

Tuey has recently begun speaking. None of his words are understandable unless you know and love him, and even then it takes some immersion in Tuey World before his language makes sense. Based on my recent conversations with Tuey, these are the thoughts foremost in his mind:

1. I hit my head. This is my head. I hit it. Right here I hit it. On my head. It made me sad when I hit my head right here. This is my head.

2. I have a spoon. I would also like that spoon in your hand. Please give me that spoon. Please give me that spoon right now. I pound my spoon on the table until I receive a second spoon. I have two spoons. I cook with my spoons. I cook in this pot with my spoons. I have a spoon.

3. The stove is hot. This is the stove. It is hot. Please do not take my stool away from the hot stove. No, no, no! I want to stand near the stove. It is hot.

4. This is a turtle. (Turtle is his best word.) Turtle. Turtle. Turtle.

He also frequently mentions his bellybutton, his hair, socks, being stuck, and going places.

I found this conversation from Madame 3-yr-old in my journal. She was 17-months-old and it was the first full conversation she and I ever had.

Madame (handing me a bar of soap): Eat.
MBC: We don't eat soap.
Madame: Aunt. Eat. Hoap.

I still don't know if this was a joke (your MAMA eats soap) or a command (You EAT this soap). I'm leaning toward joke.

4 comments:

JAMES said...

somehow record tuey saying turtle and post it on here...PLEASE

Anonymous said...

For whatever reason this made me laugh out loud. So thank you. And stay away from the soap (hot stoves and spoons too).

MBC said...

James--I will try. It is the BEST.

Eliana--Glad you enjoyed it.

SCS said...

You forgot one conversation/monologue:

This is my bottom. Look! My bottom! I like my bottom. hahahahahaha my bottom is funny! Do you have a bottom? I think you have a bottom. Can I see your bottom? Hahahahahaha your bottom is REALLY funny! I like my bottom. This is my bottom. My bottom is . . . no! no! no! no! No diaper! No diaper! (pause) This is my belly button. Look! I like my belly button . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...