11 March 2008

A Marmot Obsession

Madame 5-yr-old wants to be Mulan. She eats with chopsticks, and she breaks into songs from the movie, and she does Mulan exercises, and yesterday she made me play a game that involved guessing the name of the Mulan character she was thinking of (she helped me out by writing the first letter of each character's name on a bean first, and, no, I don't know why she was writing on beans). Unfortunately, I was very bad at the game, because although I've seen the movie once, I watched it with the marmots, who talk all the way through movies (Aunt that's a bad guy. See his bad eyes? He's a Hun. He's bad, but I'm not scared. Well, I'm a nittle bit scared, but I won't have bad dreams). And sometimes Tuey likes to give me lots of presents that he finds on the floor and then wait for my praise, so I was watching the movie while listening to a running commentary and thanking Tuey for the bits of cheese and My Little Pony panties he was handing me.

So, this is how the game went:

Madame: Okay, Aunt. It starts with a 'C' but it makes a ch sound.
MBC: Chen?
Madame: No.
MBC: Chang?
Madame: No.
MBC: Charlie?
Madame: No.
MBC: Chester? Chewbacca?
Madame: No, Aunt. Ch . . .

You can see how the game might get old fast, but I think we'd still be playing it if it were up to Madame. Her Mulan love knows no bounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little kids are funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...