27 March 2008

So That Later I Can Say I Told You So

There's a relatively new young adult book, The Luxe, that I think is really well-written and is just addictive enough that I maybe ignored (just a little bit) the baby I was taking care of when I was finishing the book. Just the last 30 pages or so. The baby wasn't playing with knives or anything. And if he'd starting eating poison or something, I would have put the book down. After I read the The Luxe, I bought twice as many copies of the book as I'd originally purchased for the library, because I think in 6-12 months it's going to be a Big Deal in our library. There will be waiting lists and people who are shocked that they can't have the book immediately. So, I'm telling you now, while there are copies on our shelves, that if a romantic, young adult, historical novel full of intrigue is appealing to you, go read The Luxe. I didn't make a public statement about The Kite Runner or Uglies or Twilight before they got all annoyingly popular, so I'm establishing my bragging rights for predicting the success of The Luxe right now. It will be big.

And if for some crazy reason it doesn't go big, we must never speak of this again.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Because I took your advice (from awhile back)on a few books to read I have just about 100 pages of The Luxe to read and I will agree with you it is going to be big (or at least should be if it gets the right attention from the genre's readers). I was suggesting it to my sister (who likes the young adult, romantic stuff and religiously watches Gossip Girl) and she has already read it. We are both looking forward to the next book due out in June I think.

Chou said...

I liked it. And it's a lot better than the Blue Bloods group of books.

MBC said...

Glad you both liked it. The sequel, Rumors DOES come out in June.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...