15 May 2008

Human Books

A friend at work sent me a link to this article about human books, which I think is a brilliant idea. Libraries gather individuals who represent a particular group, profession, or stereotype and each person can be "checked out" for 30 minute chats. Some of the human books from the article are Police Officer, Muslim, Gay Man, Vegan, and Immigrant, so if you want authoritative information on Muslims, you can check out a Muslim and talk and ask questions for 30 minutes. Interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the most interesting thing around. Without a doubt. I want to check out a person. You have made my year.

Courtney said...

Wow. That sounds really interesting. I wonder what "books" we could check out aroung here.

MBC said...

Yeah, it's cool, right? I've been trying to figure who I'd like to check out. (Oh, that works on so many levels.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...