06 May 2008

My Lawn Makes Me Sad

I need some kind of grazing animal.
Or some serious weed killer.
Or a boy scout troop.
Or all three of those.
Something to remedy my lawn care woes.

The current composition of my lawn is
35% - Grass
30% - Dandelions
25% - Crab Grass & Assorted Miscellaneous Weeds
10% - Dirt Patches

I put in an hour of lawn care attention today, and the lawn looks better, but only to me. You'd have to know how terrible it looked before to realize there's any improvement.

And THIS is part of the lawn that I'm pretending doesn't even exist. Because, really, what am I supposed to do with this?! Dirt and weeds. That's all it is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beyond ripping it all out and A) reseeding it or B) covering it with mulch or other ground cover that equates to minimal upkeep, I think you are up a creek.

I am sorry that you seem to be having a rough couple of days: canned soup and weedy lawns. That is a whole lot of sad.

Nemesis said...

My vote is for strewing that patch with wildflower seeds. Then you can be all, "Suck it, Kentucky Bluegrass lovers! I'm saving the WORLD!"

Ann-Marie said...

i think your grass and my grass are siblings b/c mine looks pretty much like yours except it's 99% weeds!

MBC said...

Lady Susan--It is a whole lot of sad. Must get myself on the Widows & Spinster Ladies without Strapping Men to Do the Dirty Work Service Project List.

Nemesis--I LOVE that idea. I don't really get the Utah love affair with grass anyway. We live in a DESERT.

Ann-Marie--Solidarity, Sister! I guess I should just be glad my yard's not as big as yours.

Courtney said...

I agree with Nem, plant wildflowers.

Alyssa Rock said...

Oooooo! Mary Beth! I need to show you the pics of my California neighbors incredibly cool xeriscaped yard. It was seriously beautiful. She told me it took 15 minutes of work a week and only $3 to water a month. Maybe I'll devote my blog to it this week on your behalf...

Anonymous said...

Here here to 'Lady Susan.' Get a goat--good for the lawn, a meal if necessary.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...