09 October 2008

Celebrating the Season

I attended the Legend of Sleepy Hollow in Concert tonight. It's a fun event. It's held outside in a stone amphitheater, and I'm a big believer in most events held in amphitheaters. I approve of being outside for my entertainment needs, especially when the moon's as gorgeous as it was tonight. The story's told with a narrator (he was very fine), a sound effects man (also entirely satisfactory), and a chorus (with members of the chorus playing specific roles, such as Ichabod Crane, who I always imagined being much more dour and far less flamboyant than he was portrayed this evening. The headless horseman, though, was spot on).

There was one great tragedy during the evening (greater than our hay ride that looped the parking lot and the "harvest festival"). My Soup. I bought some chicken noodle soup, because nothing is finer than sitting outside under the moon with warming, nourishing, comforting soup. But my soup was almost entirely onions. And I don't like onions. I scooped out spoonfuls and spoonfuls of onions (with my eyes watering), until I reached my four bites of noodle and chicken and then I was left with oniony broth. While I (unsuccessfully) attempted to enjoy oniony broth, my onions, shoved onto my plate, were busy soaking my caramel pecan bread so that it too tasted of onions. Good thing there was apple pie to console me.

Plate full o' onions. Can you feel my sadness?

4 comments:

eliana23 said...

This is very sad. Maybe you should give up.

Moo said...

If I were there, I would have eaten your onions for you.

stephicat said...

MBC, you go to so many fun festivals. How do you find them all?

MBC said...

Stash--We actually keep track of all the festivals and events for the library. One of my co-workers maintains it by monitoring the state event sites and print publications with event calendars. She does find great stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...