10 December 2008

More Tradition

Traditions I Will Not Be Discussing:
  • Treats to Neighbors
  • Gifts for the Angel Tree
  • Christmas Carols - (Okay, actually, I will just say that singing Christmas carols with the marmots on Christmas Eve is fantastic. Madame 4-yr-old is a very earnest carol singer. And the year the Madames made me sing while accompanying them with a tambourine and maracas was a personal favorite.)
2. Christmas Eve Sleeping Arrangements - When we were small, my siblings and I all slept in the same room on Christmas Eve. In the early years, this involved staying up to play games or to speculate about the next morning or to ask my sister over and over again if we could wake up our parents yet. When we were much older, it mostly involved sleeping. One year when we spent Christmas at my grandma's house, my brother and sister and I were up late on Christmas Eve watching a National Geographic special about a lion cub abandoned by its mother. Hyenas circled around it, so there was much hollering for the cameramen to save that cub, but they did NOT. When we saw the way things were going for the cub, we switched over to TBS to watch A Christmas Story. I still think about that cub, though.

3. Pecan Tassies - I love these. I baked some tonight. We eat them the entire Christmas season starting when we decorate the tree.


More later. Need to go eat tassies now.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Mmmmmm.....Tassies. Man, I miss those things!

Amy said...

I had never even HEARD of pecan tassies until I met you. Now I really need some. Yum yum yum.

Tiana said...

Tassies were new to me, too, until you blogged them into my world. I knew there was something I needed to bake today...

MBC said...

Mmmm, I'm glad the joy of the cookie is spreading. I found an old recipe card for them that has a different recipe and a note stating, "this version is better," so the tassies turned out particularly fine this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...