14 April 2009

The Rage Solution

I almost threw a giant fit at work today. I don't know if it's the fact that winter refuses to release the city, and consequently my heart, from its grip, or if I'm turning into a short-timer, or if we just have really rude and belligerent patrons (I vote for that one), but I have had ZERO patience at work the last few days and all our patrons enrage me. After four hours on the reference desk today, I was about to lose it, so I searched my brain for something that would calm me. What makes anyone in any situation feel happy? I asked myself.

Baby hippos.

Yep, Kirsten recently introduced me to zooborns. When Madame E(6) was a baby, she liked the words hoopter woopter. No matter what she was doing, if we said hoopter woopter to her, she stopped and laughed, even if she'd been crying earlier. Baby leopards have the same effect on me. Rage and misanthropy are no match for photos of baby jungle cats or a sifaka with a fuzzy monkey mother. I sat at the desk and I looked at leopards today and I wished I had a baby leopard to keep at the desk. I would settle it near my chair and pat it if I was angry and when it got bigger, I'd let it eat the people who bothered me. Love me the leopards.

6 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

What a great idea with the leopard! May I have its brother? And thanks for the link for the sifaka picture. I didn't bother to look one up when I was listening to Artemis Fowl #6 (with the GOOD narrator)

Annie M. said...

OK you're my rage relief. Seriously, I love me my MBC and her funny blog!!

Ann-Marie said...

if you had a leopard at your desk i would have had to borrow it today too! i could have used it to eat a few patrons!

Nemesis said...

Um, I think that baby hippo pic just caused me to ovulate. Not even kidding. If I birth a hippo baby in 3 years, I'll know who to blame.

E said...

I feel the same way about the pekingese (not people from peking, which isn't even called that anymore), but the dogs of that variety.

Chou said...

I listen to Postal Service's Such Great Heights, and then I am in my happy place (tenuous as it may be) for a good 30 minutes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...