04 May 2009

I want my Two DOLLARS!

I contacted a travel agent to help plan my week in Greece. Four weeks, five phone calls, and six emails later I still have no travel plans. I have a lot of false hope but no travel arrangements. My travel agent, Matthew, won't return my calls or answer my emails. I talked to one of his colleagues, Joe, who informed me that Matthew has information for me, but neither Joe nor I have managed to convince Matthew to pass on that information yet. In an industry that relies heavily on referrals and commission and in a time when travel has fallen off significantly, doesn't it seem wise for a travel agent to resist enraging his clients? Especially when all he'd have to do to make me happy is to DO HIS JOB. If I think about it too much, my blood pressure starts to rise and I start looking around for that book about making weapons out of common kitchen items. Grrrr.

6 comments:

eliana23 said...

I do not like this fellow.

MBC said...

Does that mean you'll join the posse I'm forming to take him down?

Breanne said...

I can recommend someone else if you're interested. You'd think that guy would want the business...

MBC said...

Oooh, yeah, if you've got someone who does international stuff, pass along his info.

Cynthia said...

Maybe you should try chasing him down on a 12 year old boy's bicycle. Best movie ever.

Rebekah said...

travel agents and insurance salesmen -- slippery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...