05 April 2010

A Full Report in Photos

The weekend as documented by a photographer lacking photography skills:

Saturday we spent the morning at the allotment. Steve did manly things like rebuilding the shed with his bare hands (and some power tools). I wore my brand new (and very cheery, I think) garden coveralls and killed plants. We're ripping up flowers to make way for delicious root vegetables.

In the afternoon Steve made orange-coconut buns for Sue Anne's going away party at the Dunino Den

where there were egg races and a bonfire and little children tramping about in wellies.

Sunday we visited a park built on a former volcano

that includes a graveyard
looking out over the water
to my favorite bridge.

And then Steve did some more cooking magic by roasting up a chicken for Easter dinner with traditional carrot and turnip mash and the best gravy man has ever known.

It was a great weekend. I even got to talk to my wee marmots.

8 comments:

eliana23 said...

That is a lovely weekend. Coveralls...that is a big step for you. Not sure if it is a good step though.

Brooke S. said...

I may have said this before, but your life these days is the happiest thing in MY life. Not that I'm depressed or anything, but I just feel so happy when 1) people who are good and great get all of the good and greatness they deserve, and 2) the people who will most appreciate something get it. I just think that no one would appreciate gardening coveralls and the great gloom of spring in Scotland like you. Keep writing!

Courtney said...

Did you get a giant chocolate Easter egg?

stephicat said...

MBCB - I love the boots.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that Sandy heard me but I said "hi" to him in the photo. If you happen see him again can you pass the message on for me? Looks like Easter was great out your way as well.

Anonymous said...

I love the artwork on those headstones. If someone was to make me a rubbing.......

John

ldsjaneite said...

It does look great.

I can't tell if it's just so gorgeous over there or if it's because I've always loved your pictures.

MBC said...

Eliana--In the past I would have been similarly apprehensive about coveralls, but they are fantastic! I don't have to worry about finding messy clothes I can paint in and crawl around in the dirt in every day anymore. AND now I fit in with all the old man farmers (and Steve).

Thanks, Brooke!

Yankee Girl--I did not. I looked at them at Iceland but I did not purchase one, because marriage makes me fat. I did get a nice, small Cadbury cream egg, because Steve claimed they taste different here. (I don't know that I agree.)

Stash--Thanks. They're not mine. They're borrowed, because I can't find a pair that I like AND that fit at the same time at an agreeable price. Soon, I hope!

Meg--I'll pass along the greeting!

John--I'll see what I can do next time we go out there. It is a really cool Celtic headstone.

Thanks, Heidi. It is very pretty here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...