24 March 2011

In Which I Make Crackers with My BARE Hands


I'm not a big fan of Scottish crackers.  Our normal cracker options at the grocery store are cream crackers or oatcakes.  I like oatcakes every now and then but if I buy the wrong brand they taste like pressed sawdust and if I buy the right brand, they're still quite a hefty biscuit.  And dry.  Wheat Thins, on the other hand, I can eat by the boxful.  Since Wheat Thins are not currently available to me, I made these homemade wheat crackers yesterday.  The instructions on the website are really good, but it's tricky to tell when the crackers are done.  My first batch was underdone, but by the third batch I was quite pleased with the results.  Also, quick and easy.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Those crackers look so tasty that I almost licked the computer screen!

ldsjaneite said...

These look fabulous! My one attempt at crackers was pretty sad. Wheat Thins are delightful. If I could ever make anything like Cheez-Its, I'd be in trouble!

Anonymous said...

Future playground conversations...

"Oh Yeah well my mother makes her own crackers! Na Na Da Na Na"

They look soup or cheese ready.

KWB

eliana23 said...

You amaze me. Seriously, it never crossed my mind that a person could make crackers. And these actually look good. MBC strike again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...