21 April 2011

one a penny, two a penny

Steve thinks the Easter Bunny comes to your house and hides eggs.  This is totally false.  The Easter Bunny comes to your house and leaves you a basket full of Easter joys.  I'm pretty sure that song "Peter Cottontail" backs me up on this point, but I'm not 100% positive about the lyrics as my opportunity to listen to our family Easter record was cut off prematurely when, as a child, I knelt on the record (while pretending to live under the dining room table and using a shaving brush to clean the record--I don't know why) and destroyed it.

Also, Britain does not seem to have embraced hollow, plastic eggs, which are absolutely essential for a proper Easter celebration, but I have tracked the tricky tricksters down.

Fortunately, the Brits are lovers of hot cross buns.  I've got my dough on the rise as I type.  I'm going to pop them in the oven tomorrow morning and have myself a very Good Friday.

4 comments:

SCS said...

Are you by any chance keeping the dough warm in your bed??

Courtney said...

When I was in Northern Ireland everyone felt sorry for Americans because we don't have a chocolate (as in yummy British chocolate) egg tradition. Now I feel sorry for me too.

MBC said...

SCS--No, but this morning I do have them wrapped up in a blanket to hurry up their warming before I stick them in the oven.

Courtney--Ah, yes. I had Cadbury cream eggs last week--the British kind with actual chocolate on the outside instead of the waxy stuff. Comfort yourself that in most other ways British food isn't all that grand.

Lunicrax said...

I don't know about any bunny involvement, but the eggs should be made of paper with beautiful patterns on the outside, and filled with candy. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...