26 May 2011

Visiting the Doctor in the UK is Better

I don't enjoy visiting the doctor's office EVER, mostly because I don't like strangers to touch me or look at me or talk to me.  However, going to the doctor in the UK is way better than going in the US for two main reasons.

1.  It's free.  FREE.  FREE.  That's the best part and I really, really enjoy it.

2.  The scales don't measure weight in pounds.  They weigh in kilograms and/or stones and I never bother doing the math to figure out the equivalent in pounds.  Instead, I just keep the happy feeling in my heart that the number (no matter what it really means) is so much lower than when I weigh myself at home.

6 comments:

Katya said...

Are there really scales that measure weight in stones? That would make me so happy.

eliana23 said...

I totally agree. Kilos mean nothing, and stones are just a fake measurement.
Hope you are only a little sickly.

Anonymous said...

I always weigh more at the doctor's office never less. Maybe it has to do with the nurse and her foot on the scale. BTW a stone equals 14 lbs.

KWB

MBC said...

Katya--Yes, I was weighed in stones today.

Eliana23--I'm hardly sick at all.

KWB--How much a stone equals is good to know, since people keep telling me how much weight they've lost in that measurement.

Katya said...

That's all kinds of awesome. Like having a calendar that measures fortnights instead of weeks.

stephicat said...

Its the same way in Japan, except for the stones. Free doctor's (and possibly a government refund for having a baby) and all measurements in metric. Its great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...