07 November 2011

I like to be right.

Steve and I missed the celebrations for Bonfire Night on Saturday, because we were on a train, after a day of adventure in Aberdeen.  Aberdeen is not my favorite place in Scotland but there was a very fine European street market there on Saturday and we had a grand time sharing Dutch pancakes, Thai curry, a Celtic hog roast sandwich, Portuguese pastry, and a freshly-baked macaroon in the park. 

Two stalls at the market were making the macaroons.  They looked like this, which is how I always think of macaroons,


but they were a totally foreign concept to Steve, who calls chocolate no-bake cookies macaroons.  I was happy to have the good people of Europe set him straight on this little disagreement in our house.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...