20 June 2012

June Meals

My love of meal planning continues.  Here's what we've got on the go for the next little while.  Our meals have been kind of meaty lately, but I can't resist meat sales at the grocery store.  If it's less than $2.00/lb, it comes home with me.  And I'm trying to limit my produce shopping to the farm stores and farmers' market, so we don't have a lot of vegetables in season yet. 

  • Sausages with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans (our freezer is getting out of control full, so I'm pulling lots of meals from there, including the venison sausages Steve's uncle made and gave us)
  • Egg Masala
  • Posole (Steve's parents are coming to town and are Mexican food lovers; I use a very loose recipe from chowhound; it uses up about 4 things from the freezer)
  • Crock Pot Tamale Pie My only sort of spiritual goal for the year is to have restful Sabbaths, so we pretty much only eat from the slow cooker on Sundays.
  • BLT Pasta Salad
  • Ham and Scalloped Potatoes and Moroccan Carrot Salad
  • Some kind of Leftover Ham Creation (probably soup) that Steve will be responsible for cooking
 Anybody have slow cooker recipes? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...