19 January 2020

Gems from the Bairn: 7-Year-Old Edition

We just started having 'fancy' Sunday dinners.  Fancy in this particular instance means that no one eats off plastic and we light candles on the table.  Last week at our fancy dinner, Steve was admonishing the Bairn to use his table manners "in case the Queen comes for supper," to which our boy replied, "Why would the Queen have supper with me?  I'm not a pro wrestler or anything."

Discussing his future with me: I'm not going to have kids, because then I'll have more money to spend on myself.
Me: But children give you someone to love and to love you.
Bairn: Isn't that what pets are for?
Me: Who will take care of you when you're old?  I'm taking care of you while you're young and then you're going to take care of me when I'm old, right?
Bairn: I'm pretty sure that by the time you're old, there will be robots that can take care of you.

2 comments:

Grammie said...

Gotta love those comments!😅 Hte Baron has everything figured out!

Grammie said...

The Bairn - autocorrect. Must remember to check before I post.☺️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...