23 October 2007

Choctoberfest

Last night was Choctoberfest (a holiday that a friend found on another blog--the same friend introduced me to Julymas; she's such a giver). Our Choctoberfest consisted of pumpkin carving and chocolate eating. I considered a more elaborate celebration, but I was too tired. You really can't go wrong with any activity that you refer to as Choctoberfest, though. It's all about the name. If blood drive organizers knew this, blood donation would increase. Come participate in our quarterly Transylvania Heritage Service Project. Or leave out the term service project and just call it a festival. Transylvaniafest. Instead of serving Lorna Doone cookies, the organizers could distribute sugar cookies shaped like bats or Count Chocula cereal. And instead of a t-shirt, participants would receive fake vampire fangs. Everyone who gave blood would be entered into a drawing for Twilight or Blood and Chocolate or The Historian. There you go. I'll be solving the rest of the world's problems with snappy programming ideas later tody.


Pumpkin carving is not one of my strengths.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

That's my home teacher back there.

Amy said...

Why am I never invited to these festive celebrations?

MBC said...

Rebekah--Your home teacher has a very impressive pumpkin carving SAW.

Amy--I assumed you knew that you have a standing invitation to all my celebrations.

Ann-Marie said...

what a nice friend you have. she truly is a giver! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...