23 April 2008

I'm Leavin' on a Jet Plane

I love airports. I'm absolutely enchanted by the unmoored feeling the airport gives me. I like knowing that if I really wanted to (and had my passport with me), I could suddenly decide to buy a ticket to Boston or Athens and go there instead.

I'm going to the airport in a little over an hour, because I'm trying something new. I'm taking an 11:30 pm flight to DC so I won't waste a whole day traveling and can maximize my patriotic good times. Right now, taking a red-eye flight seems brilliant and efficient. I'm hoping that when I get to DC at 8:00 am (6:00 am Utah time), it will still seem brilliant and not exhausting and ill-conceived.

4 comments:

JAMES said...

yes, it will be interesting to see how you feel AFTER your red eye.

Anonymous said...

If you had the time, I'd invite you to come down. I'm only 3 hours away! Have fun! (I love D.C.)

MBC said...

The first day after the red eye, I felt pretty good. The SECOND day after the red eye, I had to sit down in the middle of the graves at Arlington, because I was too tired to keep going, and I fell asleep in the middle of the day. We'll see how today goes.

Heidi--You are close! Maybe next time.

Chou said...

Oooh, red eyes are hard. Have fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...