05 October 2008

Rescuer of Cats and Small Children

Recently when I came home from work, Max did not come to greet me. This is most unusual. I went to make my newest grilled cheese sandwich option, a Monte Cristo, and wondered why Max wasn't at my feet, demanding attention. And then I heard a very faint, but frantic, meowing. The sound of a cat who has trapped himself in the bathroom. A cat who shows zero gratitude upon being released from his self-imposed prison. I'm now including Rescuer of Cats on my list of good deeds. Also on the list: Feeder of Milk to Baby Niece on a Teaspoon (which is tedious!) When She Refused to Take a Bottle and For Which She Must Agree to Care for Me in My Old Age. And my best good deed, which I'm hoping will cancel out the times I ignore little children and lie to library patrons, Caller of Police When Wandering Two-Year-Old is Discovered in Parking Lot.

And now I must get back to being a Reader of Books and Eater of Apple Cake.

p.s. Anyone know how to make a car that stinks of skunk not stink of skunk?

7 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Wash it with tomato juice? :-)

Moo said...

Open the windows, and drive around. This will "untrap" the skunk smell.

Tiana said...

Dear Reader of Books,

I have noticed that you have not posted much under the category "What I am Reading" on your blog. I would very much like it if you would do that. I know that I can stalk you on Goodreads, but I like it when you write about books on your blog.

MBC said...

Heidi--Well . . .

Moo--I will try that.

Ti-Cup--I actually thought about posting the annual best books list last night, but I was too lazy. I'll do it tonight.

Kirsten said...

I want to hear the story of how the skunk smell actually got into the car. Have you been driving around with Pepe Le Peu?

MBC said...

Kirsten--There are hazards to living among farms on a busy road. One of them is that there is always a dead animal to avoid running over late at night on the way home. Sometimes I don't see them until it's too late.

Amy said...

If you put kitty litter in your car (in some kind of open container, unless you like vacuuming up tiny kitty litter bits for months afterwards) it'll absorb a lot of the smell.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...