12 October 2008

A Theater Kind of Weekend

I've just returned from my 4th trip to the Utah Shakespearean Festival in 4 months. I attended with members of my London tour group to see the Festival's fall season (meaning I saw the three plays AND, because of my traveling companions, I learned a lot about colonoscopies, not to be confused with my prostate education). Let me tell you, you ain't seen funny until you've seen Brian Vaughn give birth. And Gaslight was wonderful. The set was beautiful, the actors were excellent, and I was completely taken in by the story. It was my favorite of the three plays. J.R. Sullivan directed it, and I think he's a little bit brilliant. He may be magic.

I may be magic, too, because miraculously I brought my coat and hat on the trip and then it snowed. I'm never prepared for cold weather. I have a number of very unattractive sweaters and sweatshirts purchased from around the world to keep me warm when I've failed to pack warm clothing. And there are a great many pictures of me in Iceland wearing half the contents of my suitcase to layer me up to a suitable level of warmth. And we've discussed the bears. So I'm excited for this new age of magic packing skills.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good! Heidi and I are planning to go to see Gaslight this week, so I'm glad we picked the best of the bunch.

MBC said...

Oh, yeah. It's great. I have friends going to see it in two weeks, and it's very tempting to go with them and see it a second time.

Anonymous said...

You have an addiction to the festival. Professional help may be necessary.

MBC said...

Yes, it's been a problem since I was 7-years-old. There appears to be no cure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...