30 November 2008

Thanksgiving Follow-Up

I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for the first time this year (at least the first time that I recall), because my roommate's niece was in one of the bands.

There's a whole lot of advertising for TV shows in that parade, now isn't there? Mmmhmmm. I could do with less of that and more of this:

Fred Hill Briefcase Drill Team - This is was my favorite part of the parade.




And here's the recipe for my Thanksgiving pie, as requested.

Cranberry Crunch Pie

8 oz cream cheese
1/3 C brown sugar
2 T cornstarch
1/4 t salt
8 oz (1/2 can) of whole berry cranberry sauce
4 C chopped tart apples

Bake a 9" pie crust 10 min. at 450. Beat cream cheese and spread in bottom of warm crust. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over. Add streusel made of 1/3 C flour, 1/2 C chopped nuts, 3 T brown sugar, 1/4 t cinnamon, and 1/4 C butter. Bake at 375 until golden brown, about 45 min.

Now I've eaten my pilgrim sandwiches and Marmot Dad's delightful post-Thanksgiving turkey noodle soup (with homemade noodles made by my sister and Tuey), and I'm ready to leave Thanksgiving behind and move on to Christmas. Whee!

5 comments:

SCS said...

Ahem--that is MY pie recipe, and you have not been authorized to share its lovely secrets. But, hey, I'm a forgiving sister, and I'll let anyone who wants to make it make it--just send me your royalty payments of $5 per pie. MBC will tell you how.

JAMES said...

I didn't like that old man-stripes marching thing. SK and I watch the parade every year. The real draw is Snoopy.

MBC said...

Sister o' Mine--Too late. I shared the pie's lovely secrets with the world LAST year on Chou's blog. It's been out there for a YEAR with no royalty payments to you. I thought about attributing the recipe to you, but I didn't want you to get a big head. I'm thoughtful like that.

James--What!? The Briefcase Brigade was excellent! But, yeah, Snoopy's cool. And Kermit.

stephicat said...

MBC - I have a can of whole cranberrys and a package of cream cheese that did not get used at my Thanksgiving this year, and I was wondering what on earth I could do with them. Now I know. Thanks.

Kirsten said...

muchas gracias MBC for spreading the joy of cranberries and cream cheese.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...