14 June 2009

In Which I Change My Future Plans

My parents are coming to visit next week and the marmots have an activity the Saturday that they'll be here.

Sister: We may not go to the activity on Saturday. We may stay home and play with Grandma that day.

E(6): Or we could go and Grandma could come with us.

Sister: That's a good idea.

M(5): Or we could go and while we were gone, Grandma could stay home and do jobs.

So, that's what you have to look forward to, Mom. Jobs.

Up until this conversation, I'd always imagined that M(5) would be the best child to live with in my old age, but now I see which way the wind really blows. When I'm elderly, I don't want to stay home performing hard labor while M(5) goes out on the town. It looks like Tuey's my new hope for the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote that I go to the activity and Grandpa stays home to do jobs. Mom

Rebekah said...

put the old folks to work! it keeps them young. that's what i do with my crustaceans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...