01 April 2010

Things You May (or May Not) Want to Know

1. I drove the car in town yesterday. I did not cry. I did chant every few minutes, "We drive on the left. We drive on the left."

2. I do not know where to buy Andouille sausage in Scotland. The Internet is not forthcoming with this secret.

3. We bought crazy Nigerian beans yesterday at an African shop. The beans are poisonous if eaten unboiled. The shop is full of deep freezers stuffed with meat parts in clear plastic bags. We also bought an African hard chicken out of one of the freezers. I'm going to stew it for a million hours and see what happens.

4. I love Battenberg cake.

5. I replaced the running list of what I'm reading on the blog to a separate page on the blog. The link is at the top of the sidebar.

6. I cannot remember to say trousers instead of pants here. Three different people have reminded me that the meaning of pants is quite different here and possibly not a term I want to keep tossing around, but I forget. And when suggesting to someone that she doesn't want to date someone without any initiative, it's much more fun to say that a man needs to get some man-pants than it is to say he needs some man-trousers. You see what I'm saying?

6 comments:

CSIowa said...

1. A friend told me just yesterday to remember "Hiney on the line-y" as a good rule for drivers who travel.

Courtney said...

I spent the first 6 or so months in No. Ireland asking people for rides before anyone bothered to tell me about the sexual conotations of asking for a ride. What should have been asking for were lifts.

Holly said...

I enjoyed "The Help" immensely. I'm working on "Forgotten Garden" now as an audio book. Waiting to see if I guessed right about Nell's parentage.

Another one I listened to recently was "Incarceron" by Catherine Fisher. You might find it interesting.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine I would ever purchase "lady-trousers." Not even for myself. It just sounds so wrong.

MD

Ann-Marie said...

I just like that your blog's address is librarian pants. What kind of blog is this? :)

MBC said...

CSIowa--Oh, yes, that is a good guide, although it won't work for us next week in France, because we'll be driving a right-hand car.

Yankee Girl--Oh, yeah! I hadn't thought of that one, but I would have asked for a ride too. Good thing that one hasn't come up.

HAH--I'll have to try Incarceron. My big problem here is just that so many of my normal authors aren't available in the library system here.

I figured out Forgotten Garden but not until fairly well in. It was good!

MD--It does sound wrong. Trousers only sound right in Wallace and Gromit.

Ann-Marie--Aaagh! I hadn't considered that! A blog about librarian lingerie. How naughty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...