12 September 2013

What is What in Our House

  1. Steve ordered 80 pounds of pears from our local fruit market.  I canned vanilla pear jam and one load of straight pears and Steve canned another batch of quarts and dehydrated many pounds of them and we still have half a box left, which I believe Steve would like to turn into pear honey.  (Since discovering that I can can with a small boy at my heels, I have also done another batch of zucchini pineapple and a canner load of rhubarb marmalade.  This discovery is just in time to add a small girl to the mix who will make it, once again, impossible for me to accomplish anything other than nursing and reading picture books about tractors.)
  2. Steve got home from work at 3:00 am last night.
  3. The Bairn and I accompanied Steve back to the job site this afternoon, because I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and needed adult company and a burrito to keep us all from a major collapse.
  4. There is some kind of giant, leggy bug that keeps getting into our house.  Fortunately, it's a very thin type of bug, so it's not a scary, squishy bug, just a creepy flying bug.  It took me five minutes to destroy one with a dustpan last night, because they are so slim.
  5. If you ask The Bairn about spiders, he will tell you that they are cweepy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...