31 December 2013

Happy New Year!

We finally had our Christmas dinner today, now that we are all healthy and well.  As I was cleaning up, The Bairn came to stare at our dead, cooked, headless turkey and informed me, "He say 'gobble gobble' with his face."  Then as I covered the bird in foil, The Bairn said, "Mommy cover him with a blanket to keep him warm and safe."

We hustled down to the rec center after eating because we promised to take The Bairn to today's free swim, but when we got there, the pool was over capacity, so we weren't allowed to swim.  Fortunately, a little 7-year-old boy from church was there with his dad, and he carried and chased The Bairn all over the building and, apparently, taught him the ABC song, all of which seemed to appease The Bairn.

We saw a single firework explosion on our way home and that was celebration enough for our New Year's Eve.  Steve took The Bairn upstairs to bed and seems to have fallen asleep himself, so once I make myself a delicious pilgrim sandwich with my leftovers (that blanket is not keeping the turkey safe from Mommy), I'll take Ellen up to bed and call 2013 good.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...